Call for Papers:
Critical Studies in Men’s Fashion – Special Issue: Fashion: Now & Then: Men’s Fashion as Art
Nicole LaMoreaux, MLS, Reference & Instruction Librarian, LIM College, New York City
Lou Acierno, MLIS, Director of Library Services, LIM College, New York City
Elizabeth Marotta, MLIS, Archivist/Librarian, LIM College, New York City
Critical Studies in Men’s Fashion is currently accepting abstracts for a special focus issue on Men’s Fashion as Art. This special issue will examine how fashion information and art in men’s fashion have evolved through time and how it will continue to evolve in the future.
Contributions are welcome from all disciplines including: fashion studies, anthropology, art, art history, design, business, consumer studies, cultural studies, economics, gender studies, humanities, literature, marketing, psychology, queer studies, religion, sociology, and textiles.
Examples include, but are not limited to:
• Use of fashion information in design
• Use of fashion information in marketing
• Influential designers in menswear
• Influential pop culture icons that influenced men’s fashion
• Transgender influence on men’s fashion
• Forecasting menswear
• Museum exhibitions based on menswear
• Menswear designer archives
• Menswear street style
• Textiles used in menswear
• Abstracts of intended paper due to guest editors 1st August 2016
• Letters of acceptance sent out 15th August 2016
• Articles due 3rd January 2017
• Articles reviewed and returned to authors for revisions 30th January 2017
• Revised articles due 6th March 2017
• Issue published Fall 2017
All manuscripts will undergo peer review. Articles will be selected on their content, scholarship, and technical quality. The content must be in line with the vision of the journal in advancing scholarship on men and appearance.
All submissions must follow Intellect’s house style for review. Attached and at: http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/MediaManager/File/Intellect%20style%20guide.pdf Manuscripts should be approximately 5,000-7,000 words and use British spelling. It is the author’s responsibility to clear image rights, text, and citation usage if they are included in the manuscript.
Please send submissions and queries to the guest editors Nicole LaMoreaux (email@example.com), Lou Acierno (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Elizabeth Marotta (email@example.com).
CFP – Critical Studies in Men’s Fashion – Special Issue: Fashion: Now & Then: Men’s Fashion as Art
- Categories →
- CALLS FOR PAPERS