Call for Papers:
Costume and Fashion in Context and Practice
5th Dec (Costume) & 6th Dec (Fashion) 2016
Heritage Quay, University of Huddersfield
The Fashion and Costume Thinking Research Centre at the University of Huddersfield invites contributions for their inaugural event, a two day symposium with accompanying exhibition.
This event offers an opportunity for practitioners and/or researchers in the fields of Costume and Fashion to both display work and discuss its historical, social, political and philosophical context.
We welcome proposals for contributions that would both show and contextualise your design practice via presentations, workshops, performances, discussions or a combination of formats.
To express your interest please send a CV/biography and 300 words maximum containing the following:
- Your field of practice and/or research
- The proposed duration of your session, between 5 and 30 minutes
- The work you would like to present and its related historical / social / political / philosophical context
- What format(s) you plan to use your session to show and contextualise your design practice
- Resources you may need e.g. space, technology etc.
- Up to 3 visuals of the piece(s) or image(s) you wish to exhibit
There is no attendance fee for participants. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
We look forward to discussing your Costume practice or Fashion practice in context.
Submissions by 31st July 2016 to:
email@example.com for Fashion